As some of you may know, I am in the midst of a legal challenge with Getty Images. I will write more about this in the future, since the knowledge will help others.
Today though, I have been thinking about all the support requests I receive. There are so many crowd-fundraisers happening and so many requests to spread the word for an event, that I am starting to have my head spin. Maybe I need an exorcist, but what I really would love to see happen is more collaborative efforts for helping each other out.
If you want more support for your art projects, it would be good if you helped others as well. Here is a list of easy things you can do to be the change you want to see:
- I follow a give 10% away rule for events and personal donations. I feel it is good karma, and you become part of the community with this effort.
- Help spread the word of other peoples’ events. This will show the other people that you are a team player in your community!
- Buy another artist’s art or go see a show that is not put on by your organization. We all need audiences. Being a part of their community will likely see a return that they will become one of yours.
- Purchase books, webinars, and other educational resources from your respected consultants. The consultants are here to lend everyone a hand, but will only remain helpful and in business if you help them too.
- Donate to other art projects when you can. I understand budgets are tight, but again, being the change and distributing the change you want to see will come back to you.
- Be part of an arts solution team for your community. If you want the community to help the artists, the artists can continue to be creative in helping the community. They will sit up and take notice!
All of us need support. In a world where more individuals are clamoring for attention and support, this being the change you want to see happen to you can cut through all the noise and make a huge difference!
If you have any other ideas, please feel free to post in the reply section for all to see.
Cheers to happy and loyal audiences,
Audience Development Specialists
“Never treat your audience as customers, always as partners.”
Please consider supporting ADS so we can continue our work. Donate here!