Quick post today. I am seeing how some people are interested in another artist’s or arts organization’s audience development idea, but they are not quite sure what to do with this idea. The first step is to acknowledge whether or not the idea truly resonates with you.
- Does the idea resonate with you? Are you interested in exploring more about it?
- Does the idea fit with you and your audience?
- Do you want to spend time, energy and money on this idea?
- Are you ready to tweak the idea a bit to make it a better fit? Are you willing to do this work?
- Does this idea keep coming back to you in your mind?
If you answered yes to the majority, the idea is worth exploring since it does resonate with you. Just remember to not completely carbon copy someone’s idea, but find a way to make the idea the best fit for you, your art and your audience.
Cheers to happy and loyal audiences,
Audience Development Specialists
“Never treat your audience as customers, always as partners.”
Please consider supporting ADS so we can continue our work. Donate here!