I finished the book “The Noticer” by Andy Andrews. This is what I have learned:
- Change happens in an instant. The decision to change and the building of motivation toward action is what can take time. Action is a now, present factor. Change is instantaneous.
- You can start with small changes and these will add up. You do not need tons of money or loads of help to get started. Your own small actions and small funds can get you started. Taking the first steps matter more than you know. It is the small seeds you plant that will take root and grow big trees.
- Your choices have led you to where and who you are now. Make different choices if you want to be someone or some place else.
- You will have a better life if people genuinely like you and want to be around you. What would they change about you if they were asked?
- You being here, breathing, means you are alive with life left to live. You have purpose and your life touches and ripples other lives. How will you make a difference?
- Other people may speak a different language than you, communicate differently and understand the world in other ways than you due to varying experiences. To truly connect with others, you may need to learn and understand their language, their perspective.
- Your perspective dictates your outcomes. Be grateful and positive to have good in your life.
- The little details do matter to others. Pay attention to the small matters when catering to others. Your choice to do so or not creates your reputation.
- Your friends and family are here to support you and offer perspective. Don’t be afraid to ask them their thoughts.
- Share your stories and yourself with others, but also allow others to do the same by listening.
- Help others when you have the knowledge and ability to do so. Pay it forward!
- Ethnicity only matters if we make it a barrier. People are still people.
- It is our choice to grow and change. We can be discouraged by others and circumstances or we can be inspired by others and be grateful for our circumstances and choose to grow and change.
- The best is yet to come if we believe. It is all a matter of perspective.
Cheers to happy and loyal audiences,
Audience Development Specialists
“Never treat your audience as customers, always as partners.”
Although we are not a non-profit, if you would like to support ADS to continue our work, you can donate here.