Good news everyone!
My eBook, The How of Audience Development for the Arts: Learn the Basics, Create Your Plan, is now published and available!
I have learned a great deal from this process:
- Friends and family can be extremely helpful when writing a book. I had people helping with editing and acting as sounding boards to bounce material off of them.
- The eBook process, albeit free (or close to free), is not free from hassle. The next time I will breathe a little bit more and allow a great deal more time for the conversion process.
- ePub/eBook readers are not perfect either. I have a file that looks fairly good in my main reader (Adobe Digital Editions), but it will look different in the other readers. I have to let this go for now until the industry is a little more standardized.
- An eBook can be a good exercise for a perfectionist like me. I am learning that I will need to let go of all the little snafus that have happened due to the format being far from perfect.
- I have wonderful friends and family that are already forwarding the link to my eBook.
I want to thank you for your support. I will be returning to my regularly scheduled 1-2 blogs per week starting this week.
Cheers to happy and loyal audiences,
Audience Development Specialists
“Never treat your audience as customers, always as partners.”
Although we are not a non-profit, if you would like to support ADS to continue our work, you can donate here.