I am a big fan of using quotes to add a point or punch to marketing. Testimonials, quotes from your patrons, are especially good to use in marketing materials. Adding a touch of your audience is good audience development after all. Today, I decided to look for some exceptional quotes about “audience” to pack a punch for audience development! Some days we need to have fun with a light blog and celebrate what others have to say about the importance of an audience:
- “Our strong suit is what we do, and our audience.” – Jerry Garcia
- “I am a real ham. I love an audience. I work better with an audience. I am dead, in fact, without one.” – Lucille Ball
- “The appreciative smile, the chuckle, the soundless mirth, so important to the success of comedy cannot be understood unless one sits among the audience and feels the warmth created by the quality of laughter that the audience takes home with it.” – James Thurber
- “Your audience gives you everything you need. They tell you. There is no director who can direct you like an audience .” – Fannie Brice
- “You need three things in the theater – the play, the actors and the audience, – and each must give something” – Kenneth Haigh
And my personal favorite…
- “Never treat your audience as customers, always as partners.” – James Stewart
Today’s blog is dedicated to all my readers, my audience. Thank you, it wouldn’t be a real blog without you!
Until next time, may your audiences be happy and loyal ones, and if they are not, feel free to contact me!
Shoshana Fanizza is the founder of Audience Development Specialists. Her mission is to introduce artists and arts organizations to their existing and potential audiences and to help them to form more rewarding relationships.
Audience Development Specialists’ Facebook Page! for up-to-date news and information about audience development!